Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Timeline

I happened to pick up one of my old journals this weekend, which is always entertaining, but I found a real gem of an entry in there that I am going to share.  I wrote this in college:

 [Dear Diary,]
There are so many things I want to do.  Just for fun, I'll make a timeline.  This summer I will go home and skate and work to save up.  In spring I will study abroad in Italy.  Next summer I will live and work in Santa Cruz.  The summer after graduation I will travel the US.  That fall I will start beauty school.  I will go on tour with an ice show after finishing cosmetology school (and studying in France).  Somewhere amongst this I will have met the love of my life and after I finish touring we will visit Europe together.  Then we will come back and I'll start work as an esthetician and he will start work as a millionaire.  [Love the optimism.]  I'll attend business school and open up a spa, that becomes world renowned.  Then someday I will go to the East with my husband, just like the MasterCard commercial. [!?]

Well, I got the traveling Europe with the love of my life part right.  And I probably meant to say accountant, instead of esthetician.  And Dietrich's work as a millionaire is right around the corner.  I can feel it.

P.S. If your wondering about the photo, it's sort of a far out tangent, but in light of all the planning I did for my future back then it's a prediction of what our future child will look like.  I  uploaded our photos to this site, and that's what it gave me!

Also, a neat online diary here.

4 comments:

  1. Haha this is along the same lines as the fantasizing that I'm doing right now, only I will be Mrs. Gosling and work from home in my super stocked wood shop/welding/art studio and I will be building and designing furniture and fabrics for celebrity clients (because Ryan has good connections). I'll design furniture just for you free of charge!

    By the way, I'm pretty sure your future child will be exponentially cuter than that. Like way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much accomplished and to look forward to!
    Very very exciting!
    Love you,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. My future granddaughter!
    J

    ReplyDelete