Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Morning Routine


Today, I'd like to share my morning routine with you:

I wake up between 5:15 and 5:30 to the "harp" ring.
I go upstairs, make coffee and scramble two eggs.
I sit down at the dining room table with  my coffee and eggs and write my morning pages.
If there is time, I'll turn on my computer and check email and visit my favorite blogs and news sites.

Then I get ready for the gym.

After my workout it's strictly business as I rush to shower, eat again, pack lunch and get to work by 9:00 - which happens very rarely ;)

I'm a major creature of habit, so I tend to feel out of sorts if I don't get to go through my usual motions in the a.m.  While I do think it's important to have some quiet time to yourself (which my morning routine accomplishes), I also strive to be able to adapt when my routine goes by the wayside for whatever reason.

Do you have any routines that you cherish?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. I too cherish my morning routine. I wake up between 6 and 6:30 to find Juno waiting patiently for me to awaken. I say, "Good morning" and she nuzzles into my neck. Then she runs to the edge of the bed waiting patiently for me to help her to the floor. (The loss of depth perception along with the loss of her eye makes it hard for her to see the floor, especially in the dark.) We head into the kitchen where I fix her breakfast.
    After she eats we go out to get the paper together and then I make my coffee. The Press Democrat and coffee. What a great combo!
    m

    ReplyDelete