The bookshelves that I have long been threatening to blog about are finally done! Well, almost. But after putting in a little bit of work on many weekends they are finally ready for their internet unveiling. Read on to see more pictures of the process.
I forgot to take before photos. This was the only one I could find. I think it's from before I moved in!
Dietrich's friend Eric of Galassi Brothers was a huge help throughout the process.
We used a Kreg Jig to put the faces together. It's on Dietrich's tool wish list now.
Dietrich working hard in the sun.
Hilary burning the midnight oil and helping us with the sanding. Thank goodness for our shop light!
This was taken right after we installed the uppers. They sat like this for a while until we mustered the motivation to prime and paint them.
And, the final product! There is a little clean up to be done on the bottom pieces (hello stereo wires!). I think we eventually want to put doors on the bottom and mount the center speaker above the TV as well, but here they are in all their glory.
Please excuse March Madness :)