Tuesday, March 27, 2012

On Housework

Print by Amber Mintert via etsy

I often feel conflicted about housework.  On some occasions I get the cleaning bug, and am really fired up about doing my household chores.  Those are rewarding times, but unfortunately they are few and far between.  

Most weeks when the weekend rolls around the last thing I want to do is motivate to do a few household tasks, yet I find it hard to relax and enjoy my weekend amidst a unkept home, knowing that those chores must be somewhere in my near future.   I think it may be a slight form of obsessive compulsiveness.  

I have tried many tactics to outsmart my compulsion, including doing a little bit of work on week mornings, and when that didn't work, week nights.  I tried just addressing chores as I notice them, no matter what day or time it may be - I'm not that type.  My latest tactic is to do the bare minimum, and let all else slide until I can't stand it anymore.

I'm wondering, what are your thoughts about keeping your house clean, and how do you do accomplish it (if you do)?

P.S.  When I do enjoy cleaning on occasion, I love the tips from this website, especially the cleaning checklists.  I like following a list.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had more discipline, but I let my place go pretty long without a cleaning. It's too much work and gets dirty again right away! I do always hang my clothes up and do my dishes though. And I make sure my bathroom is always clean. I think that's the most important part as far as sanitation goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Amber Mintert's art! She is very imaginative and her art is fun and interesting!
    I don't love housework!
    m

    ReplyDelete