Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Glamping

Image via

Sunset Magazine recently came out with their camping issue, and the way that Dietrich's been talking about our impending camping trip, it couldn't have come at a better time.  They have some lovely suggestions for venues, camping accessories, recipes and alternatives to tents that still allow for the one-with-nature experience.  I think any of these (or a combination thereof) would make for a great re-introduction to the camping way of life.  Here are a few of my favorites:


The teardrop trailer can be rented our purchased and includes the bed and all cooking gear.  Dietrich has been saying that he wants to tow something....

Image via

Glamping necessities include a stand-up tent, air bed and linens, an outdoor rug and mood lighting.  Sounds good to me!

These resorts offer the outdoor experience without having to lug and set up all of your gear.  This could be a good start for me:

Costanoa tent bungalows

Treebones Resort has yurts and campsites, a pool and hot tub and rates include breakfast.

El Capitan Canyon offers both cedar cabins and safari tents

After all of this research I am really looking forward to our (unplanned) camping adventure!

4 comments:

  1. I want one in my backyard!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. SIGN ME UP!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm not the biggest camper, but glamping sounds like the perfect combination of comfort and nature.

    ReplyDelete