Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sabbatical

Image via

I have some fabulous news, however don't get your hopes up as it's mostly just fabulous to myself.  As you may have guessed from the title of this post I have been granted my request for a sabbatical from my day job!  I'm only three days in, but I have already breathed about 86,400 sighs of relief.  

This hiatus is much appreciated after the seemingly nonstop treadmill that I have been on for the past two years.   2011 was incredible, but after fitting in about 75% of my life accomplishments in one year I needed a break. My physical and mental health was starting to show signs of wear and tear and I felt that a leave from work was the best way to rest, reset and do some soul searching. 

My first weekend off was eye opening.  A typical weekend for me includes lamenting about all the housework I want to do (before I can completely relax of course) and then once I actually have down time the Sunday blues sets in, sometimes even on Saturday!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this combination of mind states is not quit achieving my goal of living in the moment.

It's crazy that this past weekend was just as long or short as any other normal weekend, yet to me it felt like an eternity of greatness. I was both productive and relaxed and I kept thinking to myself, "why can't I feel this way every weekend?"  Then I realized it was because I was living moment to moment.  Hopefully there will be much more of this to come no matter how much or little I have on my plate. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yayyy! This month is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Enjoy!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome, Hannah! Sounds like you 100% deserve those 86,400 sighs of relief! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete