Monday, October 8, 2012

Do or Don't: Faux Leather Leggings

Image via

The other day I was shopping and spotted a pair of faux leather leggings.   There was something about them that tempted me, so I tried them on.  

I liked them.  

I thought they would be cute with a cozy white sweater and tennis shoes or ballet flats. But then I thought, when would I actually wear these?  They seemed so flashy, and surely any one who saw me wearing them would be chuckling under their breath.  With the way my current wardrobe is they would not go unnoticed among those who know me.  So I strayed away.  

But then I kept spotting them in cute outfits online, and I continued lusting after them.  So I decided to buy a pair.  I wish I could afford these (not faux) and I think these are really cute too, but I ended up going with these.  There are so many cute styles, I just decided to go with the cheapest pair since I will probably only wear them once a year.  That is, if they are still in style next year.  

They're en route to my house as we speak. 

Thoughts?

*Update:  They arrived and I love them!  I still don't know when I will wear them, but they're worth it!

4 comments:

  1. I say go for it! Slowly over the years I've started incorporating more daring pieces into my wardrobe, and it's so much fun experimenting with style. I bought an insanely floral pair of pants last year and wore them out. Needless to say, I got a lot of looks-- the good kind, I think. One guy even yelled, "Your pants are AWESOME!" and it wasn't a come-on.

    I think it's liberating to wear whatever the hell you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'm so glad you finally bought a pair. I believe you'll be able to rock them for quite more than once a year. I can't wait to see them on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing them around for awhile and have been contemplating buying a pair too! I love how they look! But I totally had the same thoughts. I'm excited that you decided to go for it, super fun for fall.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete