Friday, October 12, 2012

Something Spooky

Image via
I really love Halloween.  I liken myself to Claire in the Halloween episode of Modern Family, except instead of actually acting on my love with elaborate costumes or decorations it's all in my imagination.  That is why I am always so enamored by the Halloween goodies and crafts that pop up this time of year online and in catalogues and magazines.

Here are some of my favorites:

"Too cute to be creepy" Salem Owls

A mini-paperclay Halloween Jack O Lantern

Bone and teeth Halloween Bottle Openers

Googly-eyed Undead Pumpkins

Dinner with the Addams tablescape


I fantasize about having a reason to indulge in these, like a big festive Halloween party or creating a spooky trick or treat experience for the kids in our neighborhood, but I can never seem to justify the expense.  However, this year we had a few gift cards left over from our wedding so I decided to indulge in this and am currently drinking my coffee in this.  

Halloween rituals start with making everything spooky!

5 comments:

  1. So many cute ideas! I know what you mean, but I think that mug was a worthwhile investment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Halloween picks! Halloween is such a fun holiday. This year I have a great costume idea and although I don't have anywhere to wear it yet, and might never... I think I might just do it anyway, for my own sake. (ghostly mansion maid cerca 1800's) It's too good of an excuse to dress up! Even though Mom will probably be the only one it will get to entertain. Love the mug and spatula! Are you and Dietrich going to dress up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I like your idea! There are so many good ones out there in blog-land right now. I saw a piñata, a shooting star, the Morton Salt Girl, Miss Piggy ~ love them. You should dress up for the trick or treaters!

      As for us, not sure yet...

      Delete
  3. Sooooooo much fun and cleverness and creativity and creepiness at Halloween!
    m

    ReplyDelete